Keyword based custom subject warning

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Mon Mar 7 11:49:39 CET 2022

Danilo,

* Danilo Godec <danilo.godec at agenda.si>:
> Hello,
>
> apparently, our users are receiving emails containing links and /or
> references to various publications, some of which are considered
> 'predatory'. Emails usually contain ISSN (International Standard Serial
> Number) and the idea is to scan the body of an email for the ISSN and if it
> matches one on the 'blacklist', the subject of the email should be prepended
> with some specific warning (other than ***SPAM***).
>
> We're already using Amavisd-new on our inbound SMTP server, so I wonder if
> that would be possible with it?

it is not possible as of now. Your best guess is probably to look for other
MILTER applications that let you scan a messages body and trigger an action,
such as changing the Subject:-header.

Regards,

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München