Delays in mail deliveries

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Wed Mar 2 16:12:17 CET 2022

On 1/3/2022 11:55 μ.μ., Damian wrote:

> Concretely: @author_to_policy_bank_maps.

Thank you Damian and Diego for the hint.

I experimentally added (after consulting
https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/release-notes.txt) the following
section (see below) and I found it works.

However, it still takes time (up to 10 minutes) for final delivery,
because there is a mail processing queue in which the mail has to enter,
be examined (even minimally) and be returned. Amavis is taking time
because clamd scan is time consuming and it is processing mails which
are ahead (in queue) of the mail we want to expedite.

The VM hosting the gateway server (mailgw1) is assigned 2 vCPUs and 6GB
vRAM. Would it make sense to try to increase the number of CPUs?

Would it also help to increase:

    $max_servers = 10; (in amavisd.conf)

...to a higher value?

Any tips?

===================================== Added Configuration
===================================

@author_to_policy_bank_maps = ( {
     'no-reply at sharepointonline.com' =>
'WHITELIST,NOBANNEDCHECK,NOVIRUSCHECK',
} );

$policy_bank{'MILD_WHITELIST'} = {
     score_sender_maps => [ { '.' => [-1.8] } ],
};

$policy_bank{'WHITELIST'} = {
     bypass_spam_checks_maps => [1],
     spam_lovers_maps => [1],