locally submitted mail - policy banks

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jun 13 13:36:51 CEST 2022

On 11.06.22 23:08, Damian wrote:
>Upstream amavis defines MYNETS in its amavisd.conf, Debian doesn't.

Aha - I can confirm, if I send via 127.0.0.1, it works.

However, it still does not work when I send mail locally using "sendmail"
which injects mail to queue without connecting to smtpd.

I can see in the debug log:

Jun 10 15:41:13.724 mail /usr/sbin/amavisd-new[24004]: (24004-01) LMTP< XFORWARD SOURCE=LOCAL\r\n

so I'm unable to catch local submission.

the only solution for me now seems to explicitly set port 10024 as
originating...

Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.