Spam assassin custom rule to block PDF files having Urls.

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 07:30:01 CEST 2022

Dear Matus,

Thanks for your positive reply.

> >I need a rule that can detect urls inside a PDF file. Can you guide me?
>
> do you have SA 4.0 installed and plugin:
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ExtractText
> enabled?
>
>     This is a production server running CentOS7 with spamassassin-3.4.0-6.
    According to your statement,  spamassassin-3.4 will NOT be able to
fulfill this job.

    spamassassin current version is release 3.4.6 (Stable).
    Am I right? Where can I find Spam assassin 4?

    I have NOT installed Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ExtractText.
    I could NOT find any RPM for the above package.

> did you install pdftotext and configure SA to use it?

        I installed it with the below command.
            yum install poppler-utils

      How to configure spamassassin to use it?
               Is just a file called rule.cf enough?

>            If so, Could you please give me an example to catch a URL
> inside PDF attachment?

     I googled it. But could not find a way for spamassassin to use it.

   Please be kind enough to guide me since this is very  useful.

   Hope to hear from you.

--
cat /etc/motd

Thank you