Better antivirus (AV) protection?

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Tue Apr 5 09:57:20 CEST 2022

Hello,

We have amavisd-new v2.12.1 in service with ClamAV v0.103.4 (on Rocky
Linux 8.5) together with additional unofficial signatures from
eXtremeSHOK (ref.: https://github.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs)

Yet, we are recently receiving a lot of mails with virus-infected
attachments (usually in 7z files) which are scanned by amavis/clamav but
are NOT getting detected.

Obviously, our current setup does not provide sufficient protection.

Based on your experiences with similar setups, can you please suggest
additional ways to provide high (or at least better) AV protection?

Thanks in advance,
Nick