tracing bottlenecks ?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Oct 29 12:18:40 CEST 2021

On 29.10.21 15:56, lists at sbt.net.au wrote:
>I've noticed some of my emails spend up to 5 minutes in amavis checks,
>dumb question, how to figure out where is the bottleneck ?

hard to say, maybe you could feed the file into spamassassin -D which could
show you more.

>should I try changing max_server = 10 ? or ?

I don't know what is your current setting and how much of memory you have,
so it's really hard to guess what you have to change.

>grep amavis /var/log/maillog shows like '980 ms', '912 ms', BUT also:
>
>Oct 29 15:45:22 amavis[21973]: (21973-07) Passed CLEAN {RelayedInternal},
>ORIGINATING LOCAL [147.111.222.333]:55095 [147.33.33.44] <ssss at aaaaa.com>
>-> <fff at aaaa.com.au>, Queue-ID: 12EBGRT227, Message-ID:
><e4a4cec3-9215-6d92-89b3-41d107a336be at aaa.com>, mail_id: ffgfgarJu, Hits:
>-2.898, size: 249274, queued_as: AAAAAA, 300681 ms

it's really too much for 250k mail, I've had problems with huge mails.

do you have any local spamassassin rules?

>'insufficient server resources', or what can I tune ?

did you get this message or are you just guessing?

Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.