Question about '50-user' setting

Tyler Montney montneytyler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 19:31:25 CEST 2021

Perhaps this goes outside scope, but I'm having a bit of a tough time
wrapping my head around this.
It almost seems like this refers to encoding, but I've seen references that
say the server doesn't need
to support any encoding. I've yet to find an example (ideally visual) of
what 7bitmime and 8bitmime look like side-by-side.
Does this conversion apply to parts of the email or the whole message?

https://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html is quite strong on the matter. Seems to
suggest just about all servers
don't need the conversion. I assume conversion would result in the loss of
information and would not be ideal.