Using Amavis to reject/quarantine email with MIME-encoded Subject Fields

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Tue Aug 31 21:38:49 CEST 2021

On 2021-08-31 15:44, Simon B wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am receing a lot of spam, and the only constant is the email subject
>
> Subject: =?utf-8?B?0J/RgNC10LTQu9C+0LbQtdC90LjQtQ==?=
>
> How can I user Amavis to block, or at least add a couple of points to
> the X-Spam-Score?

by adding rules to spamassassin, pretty easy

dont turn amavisd into a content filter, it works nicely as a filer
framework, but not as a content filter

blocklist_subject .... in local.cf, remember sa do the mimedecode, so
the email must be ripmime -i msg -d /tmp/ to get the mime decoded spam
mail

sorry i cant remember how to make sa rules for subject

ask for help on users at spamassassin.apache.org with a sample spammails
with shows this problem