clamd socket timeout and failover

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Thu Aug 19 13:13:40 CEST 2021

* Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk>:
> Hello,
>
> it looks that when amavisd receives timeout from clamd, it falls to calling
> clamscan.
>
> Can I tune this timeout and optionally disable fallback?

Not sure if you can tune the timeout, but I empty @av_scanners_backup to
disable clamscan or any other command line scanner at all:

@av_scanners = (
    ['ClamAV-clamd',
      \&ask_daemon, ["CONTSCAN {}\n", "/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock"],
      qr/\bOK$/m, qr/\bFOUND$/m,
      qr/^.*?: (?!Infected Archive)(.*) FOUND$/m ],
);

@av_scanners_backup = ();

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München