[SOLVED] Re: how to completely stop clamd at amavisd.service

TSHIMANGA Minkoka tshikose at tshimix.cd
Fri Sep 25 18:31:59 CEST 2020

Hi Damian,

I thank you a lot for your response, it clearly guided me to
satisfactorily working setup.
I had completely over looked the configuration of amavisd.service
systemd service.

I did the below actions, to have clamd at amivisd.service not any more
started by amavis.service.
I did not used any drop-in systemd file, and had prefered to instead
provided a slighy modified versions of the unit service file.

1. by pass virus checks by uncomment the relevant line in
/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf
@bypass_virus_checks_maps = (1);

2. systemd modifications
# sed '/^Wants=clamd at amavisd.service$/s/^/####/'
/usr/lib/systemd/system/amavisd.service >
/etc/systemd/system/amavisd.service
# systemctl daemon-reload
# systemcll disable --now clamd at amavisd
# systemcll restart amavisd

And that had been enough, now the clamd at amavisd is kept shut down (so
it is not consuming any resource) and amavisd stopped starting it (as a
requirement), and emails are delivered without anti virus checks but
with anti spams checks.

Regards,

Tshimanga

PS: I added [SOLVED] in front of the subject to mimim other forums.