prerving envelope address via X-Original-to

Andrey Lelikov amavis at lelik.org
Wed Oct 14 11:33:47 CEST 2020

Good day.

A newbie amavisd-new user here. I run a small mail server for myself &
family. Recently I've changed from to a iredmail system and discovered
postfix/amavisd setup. For a long time I have a set of filters that rely
on the X-Envelope-to header, and suddenly all these filters stopped working.

This question was apparently discussed here several times, yet I failed
to find an up to date answer.

So, firstly, BCC reveal is not the issue - this is a family setup and
all users are in "trusted circle" - if the message is sent to two or
more users via BCC it is explicitly OK for any user of this server to
learn other BCC recipients.

My perl knowledge is very limited, but as it was mentioned here, the
X-Envelope-to could be added inside add_forwarding_header_edits_common sub .

I'm using a debian system, and my understanding is that it is possible
to add a hook to amavis/conf.d/something that would modify actions
inside add_forwarding_header_edits_common without hacking original
script in /usr/sbin ?

Is this possible? The specific code would be very welcome.

Thanks!