Noob-Openly seeking guidance

Joe Acquisto-j4 joea at j4computers.com
Mon Nov 23 19:28:01 CET 2020

Looking to add AV scanning to an existing SoHo, Postfix/SA setup.  At the moment prefer to use Sophos AV, Linux version to scan.

A suggestion elsewhere caused me to look at "amavis-new" and it's configuration file.  Doing a quick scan of the DOC page, found some of the links of interest did not bring
me to the information sought.  Page not found and similar.

This post is partly to mention that but also, hopefully, to find helpful docs (or step by steps, even) to get me started.

Below is a snippet of where I found the "dead links".

"-- performance

    pre-forked reusable children managed by Net::Server Perl module, saving on process creations and startup latency;
    significant speedups (25% with fast AV scanner compared to amavisd-snapshot-20020300 with the same AV scanner) in SMTP relay configuration; directory and temporary file reuse;
    persistent connections to certain AV scanners, e.g. Sophie and Trophie; or directly callable AV scanner via Perl module to access Sophos engine: SAVI-Perl, or via Mail::ClamAV for ClamAV access;"