Amavis IP and ports required for correct operation.

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 03:45:46 CET 2020

Hello Indunil,
I'm certain that the original poster understands this, and purposefully
blocks all outgoing communication from his server as a security measure.

He is far from the only one to implement the 'principle of least
privilege'. In fact, his firewall settings prohibit any sort of malicious
actor who manages to gain control on the system from wreaking havoc
anywhere else. It blocks command and control server contacts. It blocks a
lot of potential problems when you want security to actually work and not
have holes all over the place.

Almost everyone assumes that outbound communication should be treated as
'ok' but in many contexts this is simply not a good idea.

Mike