format of @local_domains_maps, and stop getting open relay warning

TimH thowe at bendtel.net
Sat Jun 13 22:16:58 CEST 2020

I can't seem to figure out or find documentation for how
@local_domains_maps is supposed to be formatted...

I see it described as a list of lookup tables, and there is a debug
method shown in the release notes that looks like this:
    @local_domains_maps = ( read_hash("$MYHOME/local_domains") );
    dump_hash($local_domains_maps[0]);

If I read in a list of domain names, that fails by saying "Not a HASH
reference".  Same error if you use the default suggested value in the
config file of "@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );"  So that
leads me to think @local_domains_maps should actually be an array of
hash references.  If I build it as such the dump_hash function seems
happy.  As an example:

@local_domains_maps = ( { "domain1.com", 1, "domain2.net", 1 } );

<5>dump_hash: domain1.com => 1
<5>dump_hash: domain2.net => 1

	This make me think it is correct assuming it uses the keys as
the local domains, but I'm not sure it does.

	Ultimately, I want to stop getting the error on inbound mail
that says: "Open relay? Nonlocal recips but not originating", but I
can't seem to find a way to convince amavis to use the
local_domains_maps to know what is local..

	How do I correctly configure local_domains_maps to read my
domains correctly if that is even the issue?

--TimH