Conversion to 7BIT required but not supported

Dino Edwards dino.edwards at mydirectmail.net
Mon Jan 6 10:21:39 CET 2020

I’m looking into enabling 8BITMIME on James. In the meantime a policy like this should suffice?

#This policy serves to persuade Postfix to convert mail to 7-bit before submitting to Amavis
$interface_policy{'10021'} = 'DISABLE8BITMIME';
$policy_bank{'DISABLE8BITMIME'} = {
smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords => ['8BITMIME'],  # disable 8BITMIME
};