get more details in JSON logs

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Tue Nov 5 12:33:35 CET 2019

Patrick,

* Patrick Proniewski <patrick.proniewski at univ-lyon2.fr>:
> On 3 Nov 2019, at 12:00, amavis-users-request at amavis.org wrote:
> >
> >> I'm using redis and I'm currently testing your config addon on my personal server, before pushing in prod at work: works great so far. Thanks a lot :)
> >
> > Into production? Please note that the code is messing with internals and
> > relies on internal implementation-specific state. It may stop working at
> > any future release, even without warning in the release notes.
>

> hmmm. Obviously I've overlooked that, even though my upgrade path is secure
> enough to handle a problem here (I would just remove the custom code block
> in case of incompatibility).
>
> @Mark: any chance something like this can become officially supported?

expanding the JSON LOG output generally is a good idea.

If you want to submit code upstream go please to
https://gitlab.com/amavis/amavis and start a merge request. We - the amavis
developers – will gladly review the code and accept it for an upcoming
release.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München