Encrypted archives

David Wells - Alfavinil S.A. dwells at alfavinil.com
Fri May 31 21:15:23 CEST 2019

Good afternoon.

I have amavisd-new-2.11.1 installed and configured to scan emails with
clamd and it's working correctly. However I frequently receive an email
for a user who is subscribed to a mailing list which includes an
encrypted zip archive, this user has shared the password to the
encrypted archive with me and I have set up a .pwdb file in clamav
definitions containing the aforementioned password. Clamd can
successfully scan the archive and reports it clean but amavis sends me a
mail informing me that there's some content in the an email that
couldn't be scanned so I have two questions
Is amavis having the whole archive scanned by clamav before attempting
to open it or does it uncompress the archive and have all the contents
of the archive scanned?
Is there a way to have amavis check some kind of pwdb file of known
passwords with encrypted archives before sending the notification email?

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards,
David Wells.