Delays when scanning outbound e-mails

Marc Pujol shadow+amavis at la3.org
Wed Mar 27 21:27:26 CET 2019

A 27/03/2019 15:39, Nick Howitt escrigué:

> I am not sure how to read this but the TIMING and TIMING-SA figures
> are huge with tests_pri_-90: 299180, b_finish: 297503 and
> expire_bayes: 297448 jumping out to me. I am not aware of using bayes
> filtering.

You most probably are using bayes filtering. This is controlled by the
"use_bayes" directive in your spamassassin (not amavis) configuration.

Furthermore, you have auto_expire enabled (think of expiration as a
"periodic cleanup" that spamassassin must do to the bayes database).
This is known to cause large delays.

You can disable auto-expiration by adding "bayes_auto_expire 0" to your
spamassassin configuration.

Then perform an expiration periodically in a cron file (make sure it
runs under the same user amavis is running). Expirations are triggered
through sa-learn (again, make sure you run that under the same user
amavis is running):

   sa-learn --force-expire