amavis broken

Alexander Wirt formorer at formorer.de
Wed Jun 19 07:46:27 CEST 2019

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Ralph Seichter wrote:

> * Olivier:
>
> > Il y a un message d'erreur clair pourtant:
>
> Please use English in the future (as required for most mailing lists).
>
> > Starting amavisd: Number found
> > where operator expected at /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user line 13, near "1"
>
> Looks like Ubuntu has opted for a non-standard split configuration
> layout. Normally, the Amavis configuration file is Perl code, so keep
> that in mind when considering the syntax. As for that particular file,
> I cannot guess at the content from afar. ;-)
In fact that was us (Debian) and we did that for more than 15 years. We
(Debian) ship that file empty:

use strict;

#
# Place your configuration directives here.  They will override those in
# earlier files.
#
# See /usr/share/doc/amavisd-new/ for documentation and examples of
# the directives you can use in this file
#

#------------ Do not modify anything below this line -------------
1;  # ensure a defined return

Probably you changed something and forget the trailing "1;".

Alex