amavisd-new & broken mysql

pali at cpan.org pali at cpan.org
Thu Jun 13 10:17:26 CEST 2019

Hello!

For more then 2 years people complain about semi-broken support when
amavisd-new use MySQL database as a storage via DBD::mysql driver.

See e.g. this ticket:
https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/issues/78

In past I tried to fix this problem in DBD::mysql, but due to
compatibility with legacy DBD::mysql applications, fix had to be
reverted.

Meanwhile I started working on a new DBI driver for MariaDB and MySQL
databases DBD::MariaDB as fork of DBD::mysql and I tried to fix all
known bug in new driver:

https://metacpan.org/pod/DBD::MariaDB

Would you mind to test if amavisd-new work with DBD::MariaDB? As
after two years people still reports that amavisd-new has problems with
DBD::mysql, it would be probably a good idea to look if DBD::MariaDB
driver is not more suitable for end users.

Plus if you found & report some bug, I can look at it and try to fix it.
Currently we do not have reported any serious issue/bug for DBD::MariaDB
in our bug tracker:

https://github.com/gooddata/DBD-MariaDB/issues