amavisd-new & broken mysql

Benedict White Benedict.White at cse-ltd.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 13:37:18 CEST 2019

OK, now it works with the following syntax for that line:

@lookup_sql_dsn = ( ['DBI:MariaDB:database=$db;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306', '$user', '$password'] );

Note that the DBI:MariaDB is case sensitive. If you replace 127.0.0.1 with "localhost" you are using Unix pipes not TCP IP so ports does not make sense and needs to
be removed and your MariaDB/MySQL server does need to accept Unix pipe connections.

Other notes, Amavisd is a little slow to start up, so refuses connections for a few minutes. After you can connect you can of course flush the mail q.

Many thanks for everyone's help.

Also many thanks to Mark Martinec with whom I have corresponded many times on this list and thanks for the mods. Also to Patrick Ben Koetter for taking over from Mark.

Kind Regards,

Benedict White

Our business grows by referrals. If you know someone who would benefit from our help, please pass on our details.

Tel:
01444 238070
Tech:
01444 238080
Fax:
01444 238099
Web:
www.cse-ltd.co.uk
Registered in England and Wales No: 8666450
27 Victoria Gardens, Burgess Hill, West Sussex,
RH15 9NB

Legal Disclaimer: This message and any attachment may be confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and delete this e-mail and any attachment from your system. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. All information given in this e-mail is provided in good faith but not binding for legal reasons.