whitelist

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Mon Jul 15 14:38:26 CEST 2019

On 7/15/19 8:09 AM, Dino Edwards wrote:
>>P.S.
>>Any pre-queue process will introduce a noticable delay. This is imposed
> by the scan process itself. It is the same delay you have in post-queue
> – its just that now you get to "see" in SMTP sessions. Clients won't
> bother. The typical client timeout is 600 second. That's ten minutes a
>>client will wait for your amavis setup to get the job done. If it
> hasn't finished by then you have a problem – no matter if you are using
> a pre- or a post-queue setup.
>
> If this setup introduces “noticable” delays for up to 10 minutes, I see
> that as a problem. My customers will see that as a problem also.

This is the necessary delay required to scan the message. It's there
regardless of when you scan, if you scan.

The difference is that, in a pre-queue setup, the SMTP client has to
remain connected while you perform the scan. We've never had a problem
with impatient clients here; but nevertheless, this has nothing to do
with what an end user will experience.