Amavisd fail to listen on multi ports 20024 30024 ..

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Tue Jul 2 13:27:40 CEST 2019

* Pro Va <provaitsolutions at gmail.com>:
> Hello Patrick , thanks for your response , answering your questions :
>
> Do you start it as user root? - yes i am starting the service logged in as
> a root. , The service is running as 'amavis' as user.
> On which OS do you try this? >> this is on RHEL 7.4
> Does the OS enforce SELinux or apparmor or anything alike?  > not sure  : )

To me your problem looks like "works as designed", where SELinux prohibits
your application (here: amavis) to open ports at will.

Check /var/log/audit/audit.log for traces of your attempts. I am quite
confident you will find LOG that says the action was not permitted.

To read more about SELinux and some hints how you can allow these additional
ports (20024, 30024) you might want to follow this link:

    https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SELinux

HTH

p at rick

P.S.
Please keep the communication on the list.

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München