Update to SA cf requires amavis restart?

Dominic Raferd dominic at timedicer.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 11:46:44 CET 2019

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 22:30, Michael Orlitzky <michael at orlitzky.com> wrote:

> On 2/12/19 12:30 PM, Curtis Maurand wrote:
> > sudo /usr/sbin/amavisd-new reload
>
> The systemd service should be able to do this for you, e.g.
>   ExecReload=/usr/sbin/amavisd -c /etc/amavisd.conf reload
> if the "forking" service type is used.

Thanks Curtis and Michael. I have now implemented this. In Ubuntu
18.04 the systemd service is just calling /etc/init.d/amavis (SysV) so
this is what needed changing by adding the reload option. I attach a
patch for this file (/etc/init.d/amavis), after applying it do
'systemctl daemon-reload' so that 'systemctl reload-or-restart amavis'
will do a warm reload of amavis instead of the full shutdown/start.

If it is working the first log entry for the action will show '(warm)':
2019-02-13 10:10:42 streamingbats amavis[30715]: starting. (warm)
/usr/sbin/amavisd-new at streamingbats.co.uk amavisd-new-2.11.0
(20160426), Unicode aware, LC_ALL="C", LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"

>From Patrick's reply to another question I take it that reloading
amavis *is* required after updating any SA configs.