Spam sneaking in.

Lambert Rots lambert.rots at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 14:50:43 CEST 2019

Time difference between amavisd-new and spamassassin checks are +30 minutes.

I don't reject spam, spam is set to be discarded:

$final_virus_destiny      = D_DISCARD;
$final_banned_destiny     = D_BOUNCE;
$final_spam_destiny       = D_DISCARD;  #!!!  D_DISCARD / D_REJECT
$final_bad_header_destiny = D_BOUNCE;

~amavis/.spamassissin contains:
-rw------- 1 amavis amavis   40960 Aug 27 07:45 bayes_seen
-rw------- 1 amavis amavis 1310720 Aug 27 07:45 bayes_toks
-rw-r--r-- 1 amavis amavis    1869 Aug 16 13:23 user_prefs

The user_prefs is just a sample file with only commented/blank lines

$ ls -lh /etc/amavisd/
total 88K
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 37K Aug 22 12:22 amavisd.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 37K Jul 19 12:32 amavisd.conf.rpmsave
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  19 Jul  5  2016 sender_scores_sitewide
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  95 Jul 21  2018 whitelist_sender

sender_scores_sitewide contains one specific domain with score -5.0 to
prevent mail from that domain to be accidentally identified as spam.
whitelist_sender contains my logwatch sender to prevent my logwatch reports
to be seen as spam.

Approximately a month ago I uninstalled both amavisd-new and spamassassin
en reinstalled both packaged again to get the most default config as
possible. I changed $mydomain as well as the $syslog_facility to get the
debug logs in a separate log.

Best regards,

Lambert