amavis behind haproxy

Tom Sommer mail at tomsommer.dk
Wed Sep 19 15:09:55 CEST 2018

On 2018-09-19 14:15, Vitali Quiering wrote:

> I already got the forward_method, socket_bind and inet_acl setup
> correctly. The problem I’m facing now is the ip that amavis sees and
> wants to send the result to. This is the haproxy ip address which of
> course doesn’t work.

The problem is, IIRC, that haproxy doesn't send XFORWARD - it sends its
own variant, supported by Postfix.

So AFIAK you need Postfix in front the preserve the IP.

You could in theory have postfix do the balancing between the multiple
amavis servers (content filters), with a randomized lookup table,
personally I just have a postfix in front of every amavis instance.

--
Tom