Amavis not filtering spam for entries in second domain

Dominic Raferd dominic at timedicer.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 10:33:24 CEST 2018

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 at 09:13, Miguel Almeida <migueldealmeida at gmail.com>
wrote:

> My postfix installation is working correctly (delivery via dovecot, spam
> filtering via amavis - spamassasin).
>
> I receive emails in itc.com and bbv.com domains. For the emails that sent
> to, bbv.com amavis is not adding the spam headers (which I have
> configured to be always added, via $sa_tag_level_deflt  = -20;)
>
> I initially had the following in  /etc/amavis/conf.d/05-domain_id:
>
> $mydomain = "itc.com";
> @local_domains_acl = ( ".$mydomain");
>
> I have tried to add my second domain in two ways:
> @local_domains_acl = ( ".$mydomain", ".bbv.com" );
> and
> @local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain", ".bbv.com"]);
> (and both)
>
> But the headers are not added.
> Here is an example log (with log_level = 5) of an email received at
> info at bbv.com:
> https://gist.github.com/mmalmeida/b3523d9ec2fbab5d4aac3fed28961bf1
>
> I can successfully see the email headers added if I change $mydomain to
> bbv.com.
>
> Can you help me understand why I am not able to have both domains with the
> spam headers added at the same time?

I think there is a bug in amavis so that headers are not always added when
the score is above $sa_tag_level_deflt. Maybe it only arises if
$sa_tag_level_deflt<0? I tried $sa_tag_level_deflt=-999 and found that
still a lot of emails did not have info headers added. (I was then I
believe using amavis v2.10.)