Is amavisd-new still being maintained?

Giovanni Bechis giovanni at paclan.it
Sun Oct 7 00:26:45 CEST 2018

@lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
> On 04 Oct 2018, at 12:22, Ralph Seichter <m16+amavis at monksofcool.net> wrote:
>> Does anybody here know if Mark Martinec (or anybody else) is actively
>> maintaining amavisd-new? https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/ has last
>> been updated more than two years ago, with the 2.11.0 release. The link
>> to the "Freshmeat project page" [1] points to information which is even
>> more outdated.
>
> This does seem like a good question.
>
> If amavisd-new is not being maintained is there something similar that is? Preferably not written in Perl?

I think that if Mark Martinek is not maintaining any more the community should step up and fork the
project.
Even if it has some bugs and some features are not completed I think it's a good product and moving to a
different project IMHO it's not in the spirit of open source software development.
 Giovanni