different policy bank for sasl authenticated users in postfix smtpd_proxy_filter setup

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo at strike.wu.ac.at
Wed Nov 21 11:56:04 CET 2018

Hi!

Is it possible to assign a different policy bank to SASL authenticated
users for mail that arrives via port 25.
I am using a pre-queue filter setup with postfix:

smtp       inet  n       -       n       -       20       smtpd
  -o smtpd_proxy_filter=127.0.0.1:10024
  -o smtpd_client_connection_count_limit=8
  -o smtpd_proxy_options=speed_adjust
  -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings

I know the technique of using different amavisd ports for mail that
arrives on port 25 and 465 but in that case there is only one incoming
port and only one postfix master.cf service entry with one
smtpd_proxy_filter statement.

I also know Example 3 of the policy bank docs
(https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#pbanks-ex)
that demonstrates how to switch policy banks using selective
content_filters in postfix. But that doesn't work for pre-queue filtering.

I have also looked for something similar to XFORWARD that tells amavisd
about a possible SASL authentication but that information doesn't seem
to be available yet and it doesn't look like there is any recent progress:
http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/SASL-username-forwarding-to-before-queue-filter-td55968.html

Any hints?

Cheers,
--leo