High Availability with postfix

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Nov 13 09:58:33 CET 2018

On 12.11.18 12:06, dvadell wrote:
>I would like to have a couple of servers just for amavis, for high
>availability. What's the usual way of doing that? Using HAProxy? With
>a MX record at postfix' side?

using vrrp or ipvs is an alternative.

multiple MX records are fine, but
- only applicable for mail from other servers, not clients

- some mail services were reported for long times between reetries, could
  delay mail when one of servers is down.

I'm not interested in your website anymore.
If you need cookies, bake them yourself.