AW: Encrypted rar

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Mon Nov 12 09:58:59 CET 2018

Hi Marc,

On Monday, 12 November 2018 09:42:44 CET Grooz, Marc (regio iT) wrote:
> thanks, I didn't know that the git Repo is allready online.
>
> You know that the same problem exists with 7z? Does anybody know when this
> patches will be avalible in an official patch?

now that you mention it, we also have local patches for 7z.

I've sent two patches for this earlier to the mainlinglist in 2016.
Subject line was

"[2.11.0rc1 PATCH] do_7zip: Handle completely encrypted archives"

and

"[2.11.0 PATCH] do_7zip: Treat .zip archives with broken headers as UNDECIPHERABLE"

I'm unsure if they ever made it into the release. Theoretically
they should have been in 2.11.1, but I wouldn't count on it.

Once the new development process is getting steam, I'll make sure
to upstream our local improvements :)

Cheers,
Thomas