Open relay? Nonlocal recips but not originating: in my maillog

Levente Birta blevi.linux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:37:49 CEST 2017

On 03/09/2017 21:20, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> * zahn <martin.zahn at akadia.com>:
>> I changed amavisd-new from version: amavisd-2.10.1 to: amavisd-2.11.0. Now I
>> get the strange warning: Open relay? Nonlocal recips but not originating: in
>> my maillog.
>>
>> I have the following policy bank defined:
>>
>> $interface_policy{'10024'} = 'ORIGINATING';
>> $policy_bank{'ORIGINATING'} = {
>>    originating => 1,
>>    enable_dkim_signing => 1,
>>    os_fingerprint_method => undef,  # don't query p0f for internal clients
>>    allow_disclaimers => 1,
>>    warnbadhsender => 1,
>>    terminate_dsn_on_notify_success => 0,  # don't remove NOTIFY=SUCCESS
>> option
>> };
>>
>> and mynetwoks is as follows.
>>
>> @mynetworks = qw(127.0.0.0/8 192.168.138.0/24 84.253.50.192/28);
>>
>> Can you help me to avoid the warning ?
>
>  From amavis' point of view the client connected from an IP that's not part of
> @mynetworks and the message was sent to recipients in domains that are not
> part of @local_domains_maps.
>
> Was the recipient's domain in @local_domains_maps?
>
> If not send log that shows a mail causing the log message in question.
>
> p at rick

I have the same problem .... I actually pretty sure the mail going
through the policy bank created special for submission, originating set
to 1, but if the mail going outside, i.e. not local domain, the warning
show up in the log

I plan to downgrade to amavisd 2.10 to make some tests, but seems the
problem coming from version 2.11

	Levi