rar support is broken

Rob Sterenborg (lists) lists at sterenborg.info
Wed Nov 22 12:30:15 CET 2017

On 22-11-2017 11:49, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I run ubuntu 16.04 server with amavisd-new 2.10.1, but looks like 2.11.0
> has the same code.*
> *
>
> Today I found that amavisd-new can't check attachments using rar or
> unrar-nonfree.
>
> If file has only latin characters then message arrives UNCHECKED,
> if it has cyrillic in utf-8 then rar or unrar exits with exit code and
> message passes without any warnings.
> unrar-free works, but it doesn't support current formats...
>
> Could you, please, tell me how can I fix this?

Don't know about rar/unrar, but maybe you can use unar?

https://theunarchiver.com/
https://theunarchiver.com/command-line

They say they have full RAR support.

I expect there will also be a Ubuntu package.

amavisd.conf:
@decoders = (
   [...]
   ['rar', \&do_unrar, ['unar', 'unrar', 'rar']],
   [...]
)

--
Rob