Training with sa-learn for viruses?

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Wed May 31 16:56:46 CEST 2017

On 31/5/2017 1:28 μμ, Dominic Raferd wrote:

> Spamassassin is not a tool for identifying or blocking viruses - see
> https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FilteringViruses
> <https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FilteringViruses>.

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for replying. My idea was that even if spamassassin could
classify such mails as spam, I would be successful in blocking them. But
unfortunately, this did not work well, as I described.

> For this you need an antivirus tool. Clamav in its standard form is
> pretty useless IMHO but it is rather more effective with the
> sanesecurity addon signatures.

I do have sanesecurity addon signatures. Would you happen to know if/how
we can train clamav based on our actual messages?

Please advise,
Nick