Training with sa-learn for viruses?

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Wed May 31 12:09:40 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am using amavis with clamav and spamassassin and I am regularly
training for spam using the command:

    sa-learn --dbpath '/var/amavis/var/.spamassassin' --spam
    /var/amavis/reported-spam

Things work fine with "pure" spam.

My problem is that some highly suspicious email messages that they look
like they most probably carry infected attachments are not processed as
spam using the above procedure in order to be blocked in the future.

For example, I am training for 4 messages of which one is true spam and
the rest are infected mails, but I only get:

    Learned tokens from 1 message(s) (4 message(s) examined)

What should I be doing to train the system and/or its components to
characterize such mails as "virus" (or at least "spam") and block
similar ones in the future?

Thanks a lot,
Nick