Reformatting spam score in subject?

Jeff Morris jeffm859 at nullmodem.org
Wed Mar 29 11:32:33 CEST 2017

After a few more hours of hacking away at this, I finally solved it!

I was actually on the right track when I mentioned the $subject_tag
parsing code on line 16373 in my previous email. That is in fact the
code that gets executed for $sa_spam_subject_tag as well. The reason it
wasn't working for me was that the sprintf statement was preceded by
"1+". I can't believe I missed this. Since the sprintf was being
interpreted first and then having 1 added to it, this was causing perl
to convert the string back to a number, thus wiping out the formatting I
had applied in sprintf. Ultimately I changed this line:

   {  $1 eq 'SCORE'     ? (1+sprintf("%.3f",$spam_level))

To this, so the addition would be done before the sprintf formatting:

   {  $1 eq 'SCORE'     ? (sprintf("%07.3f",$spam_level+1))

...and now my subject line is being formatted as I wanted, with the
score zero padded.