all quarantined messages in DB are orphaned

Helge Weissig helgew at grajagan.org
Tue Jun 20 22:50:21 CEST 2017

Hi all,

	I am seeing a strange issue with my installation where all quarantined messages are orphaned because existing sender/recipient ids are always reported as 0 by amavisd despite the records existing in the DB:

Jun 20 13:40:58 mail amavis[7744]: (07744-01) save_info_preliminary lJfYjuzATix2, sender id: 0, user at example.com, exists
Jun 20 13:40:58 mail amavis[7744]: (07744-01) save_info_preliminary lJfYjuzATix2, recip id: 0, helgew at grajagan.org (ORCPT rfc822;helgew at grajagan.org), exists

I have spent quite a bit of time poking around in the code but have not made any headways. I do believe that the incorrect values are coming straight from the statement handles. However, if I pull out the relevant code sections into a separate perl script, everything comes back as it should.

My DB backend is MariaDB (same behavior on 5.5.52 and 10.2.6. Amavis-new is version 2.11.0, perl is 5.16.3, and DBI is 1.627. All running on Centos 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
h.