How many antivirus are recommended?

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 02:26:12 CEST 2017

Hi,

> Currently we have installed Clamav and Sophos Antivirus. I'm considering to
> install Comodo Antivirus, but I don't know if this will be beneficial or
> won't have any impact in the battle against virus.
> I'm not worried about the performance, the server has plenty resources and
> low traffic.

I'm also interested in this. I posted a message a few months ago
inquiring about virus scanners for amavisd and linux, but it seems
there are very few.

We all have clamav+sanesecurity, but what others are people using?
Sophos is horrible. Hardly worth it. It doesn't scan for nearly any of
the popular vectors now.

I tried to get F-Secure to install, but also had a problem there.

Someone offered information on Avira, but then just never responded,
and their website says nothing about Linux.

Anyone have success with other virus scanners on Linux/amavisd?

Thanks,
Alex