amavisd-release does not work with SQL quarantine (missing quar_type = "Q")

Dino Edwards dino.edwards at mydirectmail.net
Mon Feb 20 21:32:20 CET 2017

To be clear here's my config relating to quarantine:

$sa_spam_modifies_subj = 1;
$sa_spam_subject_tag = '[SUSPECTED SPAM]';
$sa_tag_level_deflt = undef;
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 2;
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 5;
$sa_local_tests_only = 0;
$final_virus_destiny = D_DISCARD;
$final_banned_destiny = D_DISCARD;
$final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;
$final_bad_header_destiny = D_DISCARD;

$QUARANTINEDIR = "/mnt/data/amavis";
$virus_quarantine_method = 'local:virus/%m';
$spam_quarantine_method = 'local:spam/%m';
$banned_files_quarantine_method = 'local:banned/%m';
$bad_header_quarantine_method = 'local:bad_header/%m';
$clean_quarantine_method = 'local:clean/%m';
$timestamp_fmt_mysql = 1;

I save all emails whether spam, clean, virus or bad headers cause I ALWAYS have users misplacing emails and they are looking for them months later. Besides, I don't have 100% confidence in the spam filter to always tag things as spam or ham like it's supposed to. You haven't lived until you had a VIP user looking for a very important email that your spam filter decided not to pass to the user because it scored too high. This way all I have to do is do an amavis-release and it's back in their mailbox like below:

amavisd-release /mnt/data/amavis/someemail <secretid> someone at domain.tld