Fedora 25 upgrade breaks amavisd (resolved)

Juan Orti Alcaine j.orti.alcaine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 12:45:20 CEST 2017

> On 28/08/17 06:00, Juan Orti Alcaine wrote:

>>> I upgraded from F24 to F25 today and amavisd is now broken because
>>> Zlib.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake
>>> key
>>> 0xdb00080, needed 0xdb80080)
>>>
>>> Despite many hits in Google, none of them actually tell me how to fix
>>> this.
>>>
>>> I have tried uninstalling the Zlib module with dnf (which also uninstalls
>>> amavisd) and then reinstalling amavisd but to no avail.
>>>
>>> What do I need to do?
>>

>> I can't reproduce the problem in F25. Could you provide more
>> information of your setup? All the Perl stack is installed from the
>> oficial repositories?
>>

> I did dnf reinstall 'perl(Compress::Raw::Zlib)' and all came together.
>
> Having to manually delete files and uninstall/reinstall seems a bit of a
> sledge hammer to crack a nut.
>
> How come the upgrade didn't handle it?

If you overwrote the Zlib files from CPAN in F24, and the package was
not upgraded from F24 to F25, their files are not touched, so you
ended with a broken system.
In general, it's a bad idea to overwrite distribution provided files
with you own, and for amavisd-new all the dependencies are provided in
Fedora.

Kind regards.