Fedora 25 upgrade breaks amavisd

Stephen Davies sdavies at sdc.com.au
Mon Aug 28 04:11:04 CEST 2017

On 28/08/17 06:00, Juan Orti Alcaine wrote:
>> I upgraded from F24 to F25 today and amavisd is now broken because
>> Zlib.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key
>> 0xdb00080, needed 0xdb80080)
>>
>> Despite many hits in Google, none of them actually tell me how to fix this.
>>
>> I have tried uninstalling the Zlib module with dnf (which also uninstalls
>> amavisd) and then reinstalling amavisd but to no avail.
>>
>> What do I need to do?
>
> I can't reproduce the problem in F25. Could you provide more
> information of your setup? All the Perl stack is installed from the
> oficial repositories?

My system is very old and the PERL installation is a mix of CPAN and dnf.

Given the lack of a cpan uninstall command, I have now deleted every file that
looks like Zlib.
That has stopped the original error but now amavisd fails at line 250:
presumably because it can't find Zlib.

I have just uninstalled amavisd and reinstalled (using dnf).
Now I get:

fetch_modules: error loading required module Compress/Zlib.pm:
   Can't locate Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
Compress::Raw::Zlib module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5
/usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5) at
/usr/share/perl5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 11.
   BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 11.
   Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/amavisd line 210.

If I try to install Compress:Raw::Zlib, I get "already installed".