Pflogsumm emails through amavisd and SA hitting BAYES_99

Dominic Raferd dominic at timedicer.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 12:55:03 CEST 2017

On 28 April 2017 at 11:34, Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have pflogsumm running log summaries on my postfix install, and sending
> to an address that resolves locally. All is on localhost, which is a newly
> installed CentOS7 server, amavisd-new 2.10.1 from EPEL.
>
> The pflogsumm emails from root are triggering BAYES_99 as they go through
> amavisd-new and spamassassin, and are often ending up marked as spam.
>
> What's the best way to ensure that those are not flagged as spam, or
> potentially to whitelist them somehow?

You can whitelist sender addresses, would this solve your problem? I have
these lines in /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user​:

read_hash(\%whitelist_sender, '/etc/amavis/whitelist');
@whitelist_sender_maps = (\%whitelist_sender);
    bypass_spam_checks_maps   => ['@whitelist_sender_maps'],  # don't
spam-check this mail
    bypass_banned_checks_maps => ['@whitelist_sender_maps'],  # don't
banned-check this mail
    bypass_header_checks_maps => ['@whitelist_sender_maps'],  # don't
header-check this mail

File /etc/amavis/whitelist contains a line-by-line list of whitelisted
addresses. To whitelist a whole domain, just precede with a dot. Examples:

fred at bloggs.com
.spammers-united.com

HTH, Dominic