Open relay from localhost and other questions

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Apr 20 15:53:30 CEST 2017

On 04/20/2017 02:34 AM, Dominic Raferd wrote:

> On 19 April 2017 at 21:48, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com
> <mailto:rgm at htt-consult.com>> wrote:
>
>     This is my new test setup.
>     ​..​
>

>     Then concern that it is coming from an open relay?
>

>     Apr 10 03:34:38 z9m9z amavis[2045]: (02045-11) Open relay?
>     Nonlocal recips but not originating:
>     root at z9m9z.test.htt-consult.com
>     <mailto:root at z9m9z.test.htt-consult.com>
>

> ​Re the open relay messages, I too get these. If you have
> authenticated, but non-local, senders who are submitting emails to
> third parties and you pass these through amavis then it generates such
> messages. ​I don't know of a way to stop this behaviour, I just ignore
> the messages. Re the MySQL error, I can't help as I don't use MySQL
> with amavis, are you sure you need to?

root at z9m9z.test.htt-consult.com is not a user in the postfixadmin
database, or an alias of one.  Only users at the domain level
(root at test.htt-consult.com) are currently defined.  I think this is a
postfixadmin problem...

got to figure out how to add local users to the servers as valid in the
database.