[FINALLY SOLVED] Re: bypass spam check for local system mail

Admin Beckspaced admin at beckspaced.com
Sat Sep 24 08:43:45 CEST 2016

Am 24.09.2016 um 08:00 schrieb Admin Beckspaced:

> all seems double checked but amavis still doesn't recognize localhost
> / 127.0.0.1 as MYNETS LOCAL ;(
ok ... finally figured that one out ... yeah!

the closer you come to the problem the better you can describe your
problem and do the perfect defined search string in google which finally
popped up the proper link.
which actually is a post from 2005 ... so a good 10 years ago ;)

http://amavis-users.amavis.narkive.com/lFgDTqZm/mail-from-localhost-is-not-local

long problem short ... the culprit here is ... tatah ... postfix pickup
service, which i had in focus already!

pickup service does not supply client IP address to a content filter as
there is no client IP address when mail is submitted directly, e.g.
through sendmail binary or 'mail' utility.

exactly my issue ;) system mail like cronjobs, logdigest, apache and so
on ... are send through sendmail or 'mail'

to disable amavis / content filter on the pickup service we simply
overwrite the default via

pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
    -o content_filter=

or we could also define filtering on a different post and specify a
policy bank

pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
    -o content_filter=amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026

$inet_socket_port = [10024,10026];  # listen on multiple TCP ports

$interface_policy{'10026'} = 'LOCALHOST';

$policy_bank{'LOCALHOST'} = {   # mail originating from @localhost
postfix pickup service
   originating => 1,  # is true in MYNETS by default, but let's make it
explicit
   os_fingerprint_method => undef,  # don't query p0f for internal clients
   bypass_spam_checks_maps   => [1],  # don't spam-check
};

or instead of defining an additional policy bank just use the existing
MYNETS

problem solved ... feeling so relieved now ... yeah ;)

thanks a lot for all you time & help

greetings
becki