SpamAssassin WhiteListSubject Plugin

Nick Leverton nick at leverton.org
Sat Oct 8 16:04:07 CEST 2016

In article <BAFE0389-FF0E-4AE4-8340-418C18F82340 at cfcl.com>,
Vicki Brown  <vlb at cfcl.com> wrote:
>I am running SpamAssassin under Amavisd-new (Mac OS X Mavericks; OS X Server).
>
>My local.cf file contains
>
> loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::WhiteListSubject
>
> header SUBJECT_IN_BLACKLIST eval:check_subject_in_blacklist()
> describe SUBJECT_IN_BLACKLIST Subject header is in user's black-list
>
> include /usr/local/mail/blacksubjects
>
>The plugin does not appear to be running.
>
>Ideas? Suggestions?

Apols for what's probably a redundant question, but is it being loaded
OK to begin with ?  There should be a couple of messages in amavis.log straight
after startup referring to the plugin - here's an example from my 2.7 setup.

Oct  1 09:40:14 hub /usr/sbin/amavisd-new[23001]: SpamAssassin loaded plugins: ...  Mail::SpamAssassin::AutoLearnContra, ...
Oct  1 09:40:14 hub /usr/sbin/amavisd-new[23001]: SpamControl: init_pre_fork on SpamAssassin done
Oct  1 09:40:14 hub /usr/sbin/amavisd-new[23001]: extra modules loaded after daemonizing/chrooting: /etc/mail/spamassassin/AutoLearnContra.pm, ...

If so, anything else in the logs when a mail is processed ?  Does setting
$sa_debug = 1 in amavisd.conf show anything up concerning the module ?

Nick