How can I disable Amavis bounce messages?

Jeff Morris jeffm859 at nullmodem.org
Wed Nov 2 22:45:07 CET 2016

I just noticed that my Amavis installation is sending out bounce
messages such as the one below.

How do I shut these off? This is creating huge amounts of backscatter
and getting me listed in RBLs. :-(

I don't see anything obvious in amavisd.conf.

I've tried to RTFM, but alas, although I can find lengthy diatribes
discussing the philosophical merits of whether or not to turn them off
(https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.policy-on-notifications.txt),
and detailed instructions on how to customize them
(https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.customize.txt), I can't find
anything simply explaining how to turn them on or off. Frustrating. :-(
Am I just looking in the wrong place? (Probably.)