Include sample of message body in virus notifications.

Sean Todd toddysean at googlemail.com
Wed May 25 21:54:34 CEST 2016

Is there any way to include a short sample of a message's body in the
notification sent when I virus has been detected?

Currently, my set-up notifies the recipient that a message has been
quarantined, and provides a link that will allow the user to release the
message themselves.

Usually (before deciding to release a message), a user will message
myself, and I can check the message manually, providing the body if
necessary. However, this time consuming, and there can be delays if I'm
unable to get access to the server.

This method currently works for us, but I felt that including a
plain-text excerpt of the message body would allow the user to make a
better decision as to whether they should release a message, freeing up
my time, and providing them with some autonomy.

I am aware that this is not recommended, but as it was a request from
one of my users, I felt as though I should at least sound the idea out
and try to implement it.

Regards.