Penpals score changes not applied to spam score?

Chris Lajoie chris at etriptrader.com
Fri May 6 20:35:48 CEST 2016

I'm not sure if penpals is working properly because the AM.PENPAL score
adjustments aren't getting incorporated into the final X-Spam-Score...
Here's headers from someone's reply to me:

	tests=[AM.PENPAL=-7.984, AM.PENPAL=-7.996, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1,
	DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, FREEMAIL_ENVFROM_END_DIGIT=0.25,
	FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, FREEMAIL_REPLY=1, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001]
	autolearn=no autolearn_force=no

I have not been able to find documentation for the penpals feature so I'm not sure if this is expected behaviour. I see that in X-Spam-Status, it has "score=-6.844..1.152". I don't know what this is indicating. Also, I see two AM.PENPAL values in the tests... I'm not sure but perhaps this is because the email has multiple addresses in the To/CC headers... all of them are people I communicate with regularly.

In any case I would have expected the penpals feature to apply some negative value to the spam score, but it didn't. Why not?

Chris