Can't Block .js files inside of .zip Email Attachments

Kirchner, Patrick KirchnerPA at lakeland.edu
Fri May 6 17:24:10 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting Amavisd-New to scan for and discard .js files inside of zipped email attachments.  Everything is working for blocking .exe files in .zip files but not .js files in .zip email attachments.

I've added this in the "### BLOCKED ANYWHERE" section of /etc/amavisd.conf, but zipped .js file attachments are still making their way through:
qr'^\.(exe|js|lha|cab|dll)$',

I also tried adding both of these to the "### BLOCKED ANYWHERE" section and restarting the service but they didn't help:
qr'^application/x-javascript$'i,
qr'^text/javascript$'i,

An infected .js file in a .zip file that made its way through the email server was luckily blocked by antivirus on my wife's Mac, so I'd really like to be able to block such files.  I can provide an sample of one of the .js files if it would be helpful.

Thanks,
Patrick.