banned_filename_re expressions

Bill Measday bill at measday.com
Fri May 6 00:41:06 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've tried searching for an answer to this, but it's pretty hard to
search for as you will see.

Could someone please explain to me in setting up banned_filename_re in
amavisd.conf why some entries have an "i" on the end.

For example:

     qr'^\.(exe-ms|dll)$',                   # banned file(1) types,
rudimentary

doesn't, but

     qr'.\.(pif|scr)$'i,                     # banned extensions -
rudimentary

does.

Obviously there is logic here, but I'm missing it.  Perhaps it's a perl
issue (I'm no good at perl).

I couldn't see anything in the docs that helped me, and any search with
"i" in it is doomed to failure.

Thanks in advance,

Bill